The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, the sun is setting a little earlier and pumpkins are slowly beginning to appear on doorsteps. Yup. Fall is here.
Even though the weather may be cooling down there are still plenty of reasons to get together with friends for a festive soirée. And what better way to celebrate the season than with a Fall inspired cocktails.
For a taste of autumn, mix up this delicious drink from Better Homes & Garden.
Recipe link: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/drinks/autumn-punch/
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 64 ounce bottle apple-cranberry juice
- 4 medium purple and/or green plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Gewürztraminer, or other fruity white wine
- Ice cubes
1. Place cloves and vanilla bean in center of a double-thick 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners of cloth together; tie closed with clean string. Pour apple-cranberry juice into a large container or pitcher. Add plums and spice bag. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
2. Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve beverage and plum slices over ice. (Or omit the ice and heat the juice mixture and wine in a 4-quart Dutch Oven until hot. Serve in heatproof mugs.) Makes 10 to 12 servings.